Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I ask myself a few ?s

Days like these when I feel the way I do, I have to ask myself a few questions. ONE am I stressed out? TWO am I overwhelmed? THREE am I PMSing?  I've been working so hard and feeling passionate about this fundraiser for the american cancer society.  Today I'm questioning it all. 

I know that what I am doing is a good thing, but do I want to support a company that won't support you unless you bring in a certain amount of $$$?  Relay for life.  I've read all these books I'm asking people to jump on board, feeling so proud of our relay site, sharing it all the time, people are using it a bit.  Today I had one meeting with our rep.  Well his job is to support local relays.  While I wasn't hearing back from him emails/phone call messages, I would be on fb and decide I'm going to research a bit and find out what I can about who else might be able to help us.  Well turns out when I did this he got called out by his boss, well I don't know. But he was very upset about it. He ended up bringing us things he could gather because he said we are not recognized as a relay, our site isn't real, we aren't a real mini relay, we are attached to a bigger city one...because we don't bring in $25,000.  So what they say they stand for is an f'n joke. This guy was mad at me, cuz he went out of his way to help us bringing us relay gear, yes that is what we wanted, until he started telling us this shit.  Now I'm reconsidering this entire thing, which means everything I've been spending my time on is a waste of f'n time.  Why would we support a business cuz ACS is a business when they wont' support us, meaning letting us borrow items to decorate OR giving out items to survivors.  Makes me sick.  He acted like he was doing us a favor.  And how dare I ask for help from anyone else, cuz he got in trouble? I will never apologize for trying to do my job the best way I know how.  I kept getting dead ends NOW I know who to directly go to. haha suckers.  lol j/k

I dont know what the hell I'm doing.  This is the 2nd fundraiser I've been dissapointed in, I need to reach out a bit.  :( :( :(

volunteering isn't as great as I hoped

I have to figure out what I stand for and what I want to spend my time on

?s

No comments:

Post a Comment