Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ups and downs

I've been having some severe ups and downs.  I just got home from helping out at school.  I forget why I started doing it, but I sometimes like it.  I'm so glad I only have ONE kid.  I help with vocab and for the most part the kids are smart.  But then theres the ones who are rude and non stop talking and talk about anything but what we are talking about and did I mention rude?!  They are at this weird stage at age ten/4th grade where they aren't teenagers but they aren't children, they are these little crazy bastards!  They talk about things that they have NO clue what they are talking about but they think they are getting away with something.  Ah my daughter has had such a rough year, wanting to be homeschooled.  Which we've talked bout for years.  If she was a little more mature and responsible I would do it.  I would need her to be very independent.  Which sometimes she can be but other times????  I'm getting ready to start school myself preparing for my unknown future...and hopefully will have a job soon.  So can I successfully homeschool her?  I'm sure I could and I would like it, I love thinking outside the box and she is just like me.  Now on the other hand my husband is at home 24/7, short temper, sleeps half the day, doesn't like her around much, so as much as I want her to do it, I don't think it'd be good for all 3 of us and that's what I have to think about.  She has one more year in elementary school then off to middle school...and that's when all 3 schools meet in one, so it'll be interesting.  And she can make some new friends.  That's my wish for her.  I hope she meets that ONE girl that gets her and they just click, that hasn't happened for her yet.  And she wants a good friend.  I get it.  I do.  She had so much going on this year and just hated school...mostly social.  But with seeing a counselor and she's doing better academically, so I think that hellps some.  So tonight I'm going to go back to the school for this program Love and Logic, about helping you deal with your child, how to talk, whatever, I'm like I could use all the help I can get!  Then it's a PTO meeting where at some point soon will be a new president, that would be GREAT!  ONe of Wil's teachers will be doing it, she's awesome. 

Well I need a nap! I'm so exhausted...here's to peaceful moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment