Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sad but true

one thing I hate is when bag things happen to people and people totally unrelated to the problem acts like they are going through something far more difficult than that actual person with the problem.  So let's be clear that's not what this is. 

In the past week, working relentlessly on Hopedale Helps, this American Cancer Society fundraiser, constantly thinking about cancer. Needing a break. Ben's MRI in 7 days. A girl at my daughter's school, her dad just got DX with colon cancer.  Another family ripped apart by cancer.  Then lastnight I got an email from a good friend in another state that she has Melanoma and has to get surgery.  I was wordless which isn't like me. I said I'm so sorry I wish I could really be there for her.  I don't have many details.

This is making me so very sad.  It makes me scared for all of us.  Why some people still walking around still haven't come into contact with cancer, well not yet, blows my mind. I know so many people who have died or who have had it or still have it..and then there's Ben. We live it. I know what it can do. 

So I feel like shit cuz I don't have the "right" thing to say to my friend. Do I send a card? Do I call her? What do I do? Not doing anything is not ok.  We know how that is.  Try to make her smile and stay positive, on my list!  She's younger than me early 30s.  It's so not fair.  Life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment