Saturday, July 3, 2010

My latest and greatest obsession


Seriously obsessed with fantasizing about my 10th anniversary. Since I'm a homemaker on a seriously tight and imaginative budget I have to be creative. Next Sept 1, 2011 that is my husband and I's 10th wedding annivesary.
To start out I'd say this from the beginning horror the cheesier the better brought us together. On the nights we spent together at age 15 and 16 (1994 btw) we would choose to go to the local small town movie store and rent us the worst horror movie on the shelf. I chose strictly on gore from the back pictures. If there was none I wouldn't rent! So anyway here on out...when we got married in 2001 we were dreaming of a Halloween themed wedding on Oct 13th of course...BUT it was so normal and not original in our town to be married this way. Also falling to family's pressure and also I never went to prom so I wanted a big white dress! I kind of regret it. I feel like I didn't know myself at age 22 enough to be married or to plan a wedding. I did an awesome job but it wasn't me and it wasn't us at all!!! ANYWAY!
Faced forward to 9 years later, one kid later(8), two houses, 3 moves, lots of drama, layoff, losing family and friends...I've grown up quite a bit. And at age 31 I know myself a little more. And I dream of planning a lovely gorerific 10th anniversary dinner party. With everything I didn't get the first time. Of course money is always an issue. So I have to pick and choose what's on the top of my list. I start with a notebook of ideas...and I collect pictures online, not to steal ideas but to get an idea of what I really want. And whats been done...so I can outdo! whwhahaha
So back to planning my 10th horror fest. IN MY DREAMS: I'd rent a horrific castle, everything would be black with blood red accents. Me in a huge red tulle dress. Think Lydia Beetlejuice. And him in a vintage burgundy tux with blood stains of course. I will decorate in all black with candles. Any horror design. Not that far yet. Simple and eerie of course. I love to make Horror food for my Halloween parties...will post pictures one day.
btw I look at other's halloween party ideas and I know I could offer something to this world with mine! Just gathering them and scanning them...would be enough to last me a lifetime.
I've done several in hopes of annually having a Halloween party but life gets in the way sometimes. Last year we moved to a new town. The problem I have with parties is that we know few people that are into Halloween. So I have decisions to make about whether I will have one this year. I love the idea of an Open House.
Anyway my thoughts are all over the place. My first blog. I hope to share and for someone out there to get something from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment