Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy 4th of July weekend

Happy 4th of July weekend!

It's our first year here for the 4th. We moved to a small town of around 1000 people. I was told they love celebrating their independance.

They have a great weekend planned. It's nice to have something to do in walking distance...which this town has a shortage of...besides getting mail at the post office.

They have tractor pulls, baseball games, carnival rides, car shows, parade, and fireworks...Oh don't forget food. I'm actually excited about the rides.

Years ago I got hit in the eye with a firework...ping pong ball with gun powder...brother in laws back in the day when people were idiots! So anyway in a crowd I got hit, my eye swolled shut, and we left the party. Thankfully NO damage was done permantely anyway. But I never liked the 4th after that. Of course we started going and getting fireworks and my husband Ben lets them off for my daughter Willow of course. It reminds him of his dad whos been gone for years now. So we do it. We celebrate our freedom..

Although I appreciate being free somedays I wonder how free we really are.

Hope u all enjoy spending this time with your family or friends.

Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment