Monday, July 12, 2010

Halloween on the brain.


So I find myself pondering the whole want to have a halloween party. It would be our first in our new house. I've done it all to simple to all out thrown together last minute to plan plan plan ahead. Always short on money. NO credit cards to speak of...what to do what to do. I browse these websites where no doubt people took a lot of their time and energy and typed out how they made this and that. I'm kinda passed all that.
I love new ideas, they are hard to come by. I look for inspiration...with horror and halloween it comes down to classic. So many things are scary to people...different things. So I go with what scares me or what would have years ago. I go with cute, scary, gorey. Honestly living in a new town I was a bit weary of what to put out, if I hang a little girl with a jumprope from a tree would that offend the 90 year old lady across the st. ? Why do I care? Well I live in a small town now, NOT like before. I lived for 8 years on a non busy st. Most people got a kick out of my decor' even taking pics in front of it, but very underground. lol Not a ton of passerbyers. So in a town like this the entire town could see my yard. So that is some pressure to say the least.
Anyway. I did see on this site how to make a body with old clothes and duct tape. I love that idea. That is something that could last and that would be moldable. I like it.
my cat is puking...nothing better to hear in the mornin than that, oh now my dog is eating it. yum...the sounds in the dark. Most people miss this stuff cuz they are sleeping. Not me.
ANYWAY...I want to drag out my Halloween stuf and get going on it. I'd love to have a place big enough to make these props of people and leave them up. That would be so cool. I still love halloween, but I want to do it up props, party, food, decor', costumes, candy, school stuff...without freaking out over the money. When you don't have extra money it's like you either never do a thing or you get real creative. I vote for the second thing! I missed halloween last year cuz we moved in OcT. not at spare second last year to plan or a dime to do anything. I don't know if I want to do a party, cuz I just don't know anyone who would come...my family comes but no one is really into it...besides a handful a people. I am thinking open house. And the trick or treators neighbors might get an invite. maybe...ll OR just do it up for my family and if they want to come out they can. I am so tired right now I can't think straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment