Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ben's 33rd 50s/rockabilly birthday party! May 2011





























Recently I've been obsessed with rockabilly themed everything sooo when Ben's 33rd birthday came around he inspired me to do a photo shoot and revolve the whole party around him! As it should be on anyone's special day! So I started with dressing Ben in what he has that is similar to 1950s ISH or rockabillyISH style: pictures Ben on his motorcycle that he built btw and with his newest yard sale steal guitar!

Then I used PAINT to make up an invite flyer, one of my fav things to do, I just printed off several things and then arranged them with tape on a copy paper then made copies!

I found this amazing site with retro partyware that I loved!!! retroplanet.com I ordered a few of the record looking plates and napkins. I then went to Party City and found matching plain colored plates: cheaper and looks great too. I also picked up teal/black plasticware. I then grabbed a few rock n roll party decor' items to get in that rockabilly theme...banner, guitar, black with music notes, blue with stars balloons, 50's table cloth/rock table cloth. I then found great little table toppers 50s style from ebay for next to nothing. Also a photo prop of a convertable for your guests to take photos with FUN! Also for music, Ben had his Zune playing rockabilly music and I in the house had the computer set on Pandora.com for rockabilly station(they have everything)! Music is sooo important!


We had burgers on the grill of course, I set up tables out side and games for the kids & adults to play: bag toss, hillbilly golf, badminton, things such as these...For the menu I asked everyone to bring a side, why not? We offered burgers/hotdogs, rootbeer and orange crush floats...and of course CAKE! I ordered, didn't have time or energy to bake anything this year whaa but this girl straight outta walmart that I adore made us a cupcake cake shaped like a guitar and a checked cake also! Very simple but cute.


I did ask everyone to dress up in 50s themed outfits, that was supposed to be a great idea! :) Not alot of participation on that one though! I'll get em next time!


CRAFT: got some old records from a used store, found this great idea about putting them in the oven over a glass bowl at 200' and pulled it out and molded it into a beautiful bowl.

Overall I think everyone had fun. IT's important to me to have ambiance, good food, music, fun and games...good conversation equals great memories! I loved this theme of 1950's rockabilly!





                                 *thanks for reading*







No comments:

Post a Comment