Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Valentine's day on the cheap!


Valentine's day on the cheap!


Love is in the air, the big day is in 13 days. What does it mean to me? I love it! It's a time to show those we love that we do indeed love them and appreciate them. I don't believe it has to be a bought gift. I for one love a homecooked meal and dishes done. Since my beloved is sick now, and can't drive to the store to buy any store bought gifts, I hope he will get creative. I thought what a great idea to really dig deep and make something!


Anyone can make a homemade card! I like to print off vintage valentine's and attach them to card stock...add glitter glue and your very own words straight from your heart! whala LOVE


$ trees or stores are perfect to grab a little basket, a few little trinkets or activities that your valentine will LOVE! Heart themed candy, stickers, movies, games, anything! Add a card or valentine!


I like to start out the day with pink heart shaped pancakes with the face made from valentine m&ms. My daughter, Willow's fav.


I also adore using the pillsbury holiday themed cake mix to make my fav cake cookies! A great way to spend time with the one you love BAKING!
We will also sit down and spend time making homemade decor', ya that stuff at Target is darling! But making your own is way more special. You can make red/pink/white paper chains: just cut strips of paper and make a loop with either tapes or a stapler and continue until you have as long as you like, hang wherever! Make posters of loving scenes and wording. LOVE! Cut out hearts and hang them in the windows so you can share the love with neighbors. construction paper, scissors, glue, glitter glue whala total craft time and lots of fun and love!
Just doing anything to help someone you love out so they have a better day is what it's all about, a small note on the mirror in the bathroom saying I LOVE YOU. Stick a sweet with a note attached and stick in a lunch box. If you wanna get naughty with the one you love put a suggestive note in there too...might make for an interesting night.
Breakfast in bed always a hit! Make it themed up and put your card on a tray. If you dont' have a tray, get a cookie sheet and put a towel over it! whala fancy tray!
Just important to think of why we celebrate holidays of course it'd be nice to do any of these things for the ones we love. But since most of us let time fly by and dont' take a second to stop...it's nice to have a reminder of HEY it's that day we are certain to make sure we tell that one person in our lives or if we are lucky many people in our lives anyone how much we love them and how much they mean to us.
I met my husband when we were 15/16 in High School. From the first moment Ben was a romantic...I as well. He was such a sweetheart that on our very first Valentine's Day in 1995 he got me the traditional giant stuffed bear, with a rose, and a box of chocolates. Then he or his mom? lol Set up a table in their basement with candles, he cooked spaghetti and even made a salad and dessert. You know he could have bought me a 100 necklace but that dinner was the most special thing he could have ever done for me. To have someone take their time and do be so thoughtful that to me is what Valentine's Day is all about.
Thank you all more to come from this Happy Homemamma!
Happy Valentine's Day! LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment